Home  >  Nashville toxic exposure attorneys  >  100 Hospitalized after Carbon Monoxide Leak at Elementary School

100 Hospitalized after Carbon Monoxide Leak at Elementary School

At least a hundred students and staff from Drexel Prepatory Academy in Nashville were hospitalized after exposure to carbon monoxide.

Carbon monoxide reportedly came from a faulty heating unit which had three large holes. The toxic chemical leak was later discovered after hospital officials at Vanderbilt’s Children Hospital stated that carbon monoxide exposure was the cause of the Drexel students and staff’s symptoms, school Principal Cheryl Bowman said. There were carbon monoxide detectors in the school, but they did not detect the toxic gas.

A mother of three Drexel students said that such an incident was possible anywhere, but she was concerned as to why the school was unprepared and did not have safety precautions in place.

Suffering from serious health issues, like carbon monoxide poisoning, as a result of another party’s negligence can have far-reaching and long-lasting repercussions. Learn about your legal options and obtaining compensation when facing such a situation by talking with an injury lawyer at Pohl & Berk, LLP, at 615-277-2765.

SEO for Lawyers