How to Respond after a Dog Bite
Although they are often referred to as man’s best friend, dogs can also be dangerous if they feel threatened and act aggressively. If you have been attacked and bitten by a dog, you know how frightening and painful that experience can be. In such a situation, it is important that you know how to properly respond so as to not only care for your health, but to also protect your legal rights.
At Pohl & Berk, LLP, we understand how trying it can be to suffer through a dog attack. If you or someone you know has suffered an injury from a dog bite however, you may be eligible for financial compensation. To learn more about how you can possibly recover financial compensation to pay for medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses, contact a Nashville dog bite lawyer today at 615-277-2765.
Protecting Your Health and Rights
Being injured by a dog can be an extremely stressful time in your life. You may not only have to worry about your health, but also taking legal action to try to recover compensation for your suffering and losses. If you have been bitten by a dog, you should take the following action:
- Clean the wound with water and apply pressure to stop bleeding
- If the bleeding does not stop, it appears infected, or you don’t know the dog’s immunization status, seek emergency medical care as soon as possible
- Get the name and contact information from witnesses at the scene of the bite
- Take photographs of your injury and get medical records for proof of treatment
- Contact a personal injury lawyer to pursue a civil lawsuit
By making sure to take these actions, you can not only better protect your health, but also prevent you and your family from possibly shouldering the entire financial burden of the incident.
You shouldn’t have to suffer financially due to a negligent dog owner’s actions. Learn more about your rights and options after suffering in a dog attack today by calling the Nashville dog bite attorneys of Pohl & Berk, LLP, today at 615-277-2765 and schedule a free consultation.