A man recently suffered severe burn injuries to his leg after his Apple smartphone suddenly exploded in his pocket, CNN reported on March 3.
Reports said New York resident Eric Johnson claimed on February 14 that he suffered severe leg burns after his iPhone 5c erupted inside his pants pocket. Johnson said he was bending over to pick up dropped car keys when he suddenly felt extreme pain in his leg. He immediately began tearing off his pants as the phone started melting the edges of his pocket. The Burn Center in Staten Island University Hospital confirmed that Johnson spent 10 days in the hospital for treatment. Though Apple is not yet coordinating with Johnson’s legal counsel, the company told reporters that they are investigating the incident.
The Nashville legal team of Pohl & Berk, LLP, understands that people are often left devastated after suffering injuries caused by defective products. If you have experienced this, a product liability attorney at our practice may help you hold those responsible fully accountable in court. Call us at 615-277-2765 today to learn more.