Nashville Mercury Poisoning Lawyers
Although mercury is found in a number of everyday objects, exposure to mercury can result in a number of significant negative health effects. Mercury is the only natural metal that is in a liquid state at standard temperature and pressure and is found in many products like fluorescent light bulbs and thermometers. Unfortunately, high levels of mercury exposure can cause an individual to become very ill and may contribute to permanent limitations or difficulties.
If you or someone you know has developed mercury poisoning due to a property owner’s negligence, you may be eligible for financial compensation to pay for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. To learn more about how a skilled legal professional can help you take legal action, contact a Nashville premises liability lawyer of Pohl & Berk, LLP, at 615-277-2765.
Signs of Mercury Poisoning
If a property owner fails to properly clean and dispose of mercury that is spilled, or to notify tenants of products containing mercury or replace these products with ones with lower levels of mercury, the consequences can be devastating. Mercury poisoning can be very serious and even lethal. Some common signs of mercury poisoning include the following:
- Headaches or dizziness
- Chest pains
- Difficulty breathing
- Excessive coughing
- Short-term memory loss
- Impaired peripheral vision
- Trouble speaking or walking
- Muscle weakness
Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any of the above symptoms.
For more information about how you can take legal action against a negligent property owner whose failures led you to suffer mercury poisoning, contact the personal injury attorneys of Pohl & Berk, LLP, by calling 615-277-2765 today.