Millions of electric dehumidifiers were being recalled after it was discovered to overheat and cause fire, a report on Thursday, September 12 said.
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission the defective electric dehumidifiers manufactured by Gree Electric Appliances caused 46 fires and damaged $2 million worth of properties. There were no injuries reported from the fires, the commission also said. The recalled electric dehumidifier that comes in sizes 20 to 70 pints with variety of brands were being sold in major stores in the US and in Canada from 2005 up to August 2013. In a press release Gree Electric Appliances advised consumers who have the recalled appliances to stop using it immediately and call their hotline at 866-853-2802 to have a refund.
Although no one was hurt by these defective dehumidifiers, many people do sustain injuries as a result of unsafe products. If you have gone though such a situation in Nashville, talk with an attorney from Pohl & Berk, LLP, today about your legal options for pursuing compensation by calling 615-277-2765 today.