More than 5,000 guests at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center were evacuated last Tuesday night after a gas explosion caused serious damage to the convention center. No injuries were reported and guests were allowed back inside the hotel Wednesday morning.
The explosion was caused by a gas leak in a mechanical room in part of the convention center that is away from hotel rooms. An escalator, the walls, and the ceilings up to the third floor sustained serious damage in the blast.
The hotel, which is next door to the Grand Ole Opry House, was hosting the National Sheriffs Association convention at the time of the accident. An investigation has ruled out any suspicious activity, CBS News reports.